We are a community dedicated to bringing you a home for the hacking of Super Mario Maker (Wii U & 3DS).
Our community is a place for everyone to post their projects, get help and support, and find tutorials.
Join us to share your very own creations, or feel free to just browse the site and check out some of the awesome projects and tutorials found here.
Super Mario Maker Mods
We have all sorts of crazy mods for Super Mario Maker,
ranging from Super Mario Odyssey in 8-bit style,
to the new 32-bit series of custom themes.
Whatever you are interested in, you might find it in our Depot.
Over at the Depot, we have download links to some of the best mods out there for Super Mario Maker & a great tutorial for newcomers.
It is connected with the forum, so you can check out both if you'd wish.
At the Mario Making Mods Wiki, you'll find lots of up-to-date information about all the technical parts of Super Mario Maker.
You can submit your own findings there, too!
Chat and Hang-Out with our community
Come take a look at our Discord Server! It's a great central for quick and general discussions.
At the Discord server, we have many active members from our forums, who love to help people!
What's up? June 19th, 2018
Posted on 06-20-18, 03:29 am by NightYoshi370
Welcome to our new installment of "What's up", the newsletter for Mario Making Mods, Super Mario Maker & now, a new special game!
- First off, we have refined our staff team. Our new mods are sks316, wrathsoffire76 & Buntendo.
- The way Buntendo was promoted was through a staff application process which was done on our discord server. Only a select 2 were allowed.
- "Wait, two? Who could be the second person?" That person would be tee. Currently, he isn't a moderator and is still in his try out phase.
- Thanks to our new community events schedule, we will now be receiving "What's up" entries at the first of every month instead of the middle of the month, meaning that July will not be receiving a new entry. This holds true for every month except for May, where we will do it on the 17th because that's the birthday of Mario Making Mods.
- Speaking of community events, we will be having a Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS tournament soon. Keep in touch with the discord server if you want to know more.
- Our Discord bot, MaryO, will now be getting a new feature: Forum connectivity. This will allow you to, for example, see other peoples profiles. Of course, that person will need to link his Mario Making Mods account to Discord. Check the Edit Profile page in order to do so.
- To celebrate Nintendo's latest E3, we have played E3 bingo on our discord server. The results are as shown:
These are calculated by Tee
I have 8 points with one full bingo.
TheNawab has 7 points with no bingo.
Wrathofire has 7 points with no bingo.
Tee got 5 points with no bingo.
I've decided to drop out of this one. So winners are TheNawab & wrathoffire with 1000 coins.
I've also decided to give participation points. Tee will get 100 coins.
Super Mario Maker
- Mario Making Mods is now hosting a community mod. Check this thread for more information.
- Super Mario Maker: Vanilla Revamped will receive a new release on the 26th.
- Tierage's forum themes from Mario Making Mods, has been ported to Super Mario Maker
- A new monochrome theme has been in beta. Time to go back to the days of pong.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii is now in Super Mario Maker
Super Mario Odyssey
- That's right folks. We've partnered up with Hefty & the Super Mario Odyssey Hacking Hub to have an official forum for Super Mario Odyssey Modding. A link to their discord server can be found on our Discord Server (or the Frequently Asked Questions page whenever I find time to rewrite that)
- With LayeredFS modding now being possible, you can now test your new mods on your Nintendo Switch. Because the exploit is using a hardware exploit, you can use this on any switch firmware, no matter if its the latest or the oldest.
- Both Yuzu and Ryujinx can boot Super Mario Odyssey, however, not in a playable state. If you'd like to try mods, you can indeed test them on your switch with the hardware exploit! It's pretty easy, you can enable RCM to access them with a paperclip even.
- GRAnimated has done quite some Super Mario Odyssey mods lately. Check it out here: GRAnimated's Super Mario Odyssey Mods
What kind of coat can you only put on when it's wet?
TheNawab for being the head of the youtube channel
Marrok (who doesn't have an account here) for paying for our VPS
Finally, I'd like to thank all of you guys here on both the forum and discord, for just being awesome and active.
We now have full & HTTPS support. What this means:
Discord will now have Rich Embeds for links of the board.
Security will be much higher.
MaryO, our fine Github bot, will now actually work
There will be a new Youtube video posted by TheNawab for our 1 year celebration
The new Mario Emoji's are here, and they're better than ever. . A full list of emoji's will be in the FAQ soonTM
Super Mario Maker NewsLetter
A new update has been made for the Super Mario All Stars mod by Louiskovski. Mini-level previews now work with the new backgrounds and now show the background replacements.
The Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins mod has also gotten an update. There are New Backgrounds, New and improved Sprites, New Soundeffects, New and improved Editing Music, Working Fanfare Music and more
What's up? April 22nd 2018
Posted on 04-23-18, 06:06 am by NightYoshi370
Hello everyone, and welcome to this month's review of Mario Making Mods and Super Mario Maker in general. Today we've got huge news for Super Mario Hackers which will get you by surprise. Lets dive right in.
Mario Making Mods
-MakerBoard is still in the w~ Not this time, uh uh. This time, we're actually going to be listing the changes that we'll be doing to our website in depth, so check out that thread when it comes out. But just to let you know a quick summary:
~We have a new modern layout, which replaces the default layout, the profiles and the postbox.
~If you haven't noticed, you can now use the globally accepted MarkDown, powered by ParseDown.
- Due to a wide poll made on our Discord server, we have decided to remove Super Mario ReMaker. The threads were moved to the "General Game Mods" section, and the discord channel is archived for about a week.
- All themes that weren't mario styled were removed. More themes to come soon. We'll make some Mario-styled as well.
- We have made a new meme website for our community. You can also pretend that we are in a town and we live all together. We can also play some forum games on it.
What's up? March 25th, 2018
Posted on 03-26-18, 06:04 am by NightYoshi370
Hello everyone! What's up y'all? Today, we have some exciting and amazing new news.
Mario Making Mods
-A new discussion is on the Horizon: New Super Mario All Stars HD has recently been released by cad111. I've taken a review of the game. So far, so good! Looking foward to more ROM hacks to review.
-MakerBoard is still very close to developement....I just can't stop adding new improvements to it. If you want to see for yourself what I have planned, check out our Github Page
-I've now added a new Youtube Page, with all our latest videos.
-Because of his amazing work, Epic_Stuff will be promoted to moderator on March 30th.
Super Mario Maker Hacking News
- A new Mario Maker Vanilla Revamped demo has been released.
- Yoshi called! He is now playable in SMB3.
- The Poky Pokeys are now in SMB3. Better not get bruised.
- Want an easy way to unlock all the mystery mushrooms but still do actual work? You can now enjoy 100 Mario Challenge: Easy Mode!
- In Super Mario World, a fiery volcano erupts. Try to stop the lava from spreading to the main land.
- Speaking of Super Mario World, the Chinese pirated version has just been brought back to Mario Maker.
1. I come once in a minute, twice in a moment but never in one thousand years. What am I?
What's up? - Febuary 14th, 2018
Posted on 02-15-18, 04:34 am by NightYoshi370
Hello everyone, and welcome to our very new installment of the "What's up?" news series, where we cover all the latest news from Super Mario Maker hacking, to our very own community updates. Since today is the end of Valentines day, why not share your last moments of hanging out with your friend, and read what's up!
Mario Making Mods News
-MakerBoard is growing stronger than ever, with all the new Depot changes, up to the new RPG stats. But there are still alot more things that need to be implemented. If you are interested in helping out, why not check our github repo?
-Mario Making Mods has been running for 9 months. I couldn't have done this without your help. Thank you all.
-We have gotten a new logo made by Buntendo. If it doesn't appear for you, press CTRL + F5 if you are using a Windows PC.
-The most votes have been released.
-We have removed our patreon. Now, everything should be released for free, without some silly payment method.
-We have ran our first Super Mario Maker hax Kahoot game. More events to come in the future.
Super Mario Maker Haxs
-Time to ramp up the engine, as Super Mario Maker: Vanilla Revamped has gotten a January 2018 beta release.
-a new SMB3 All-Stars mod has been released by Otomo.
-A new SMB1 All-Stars mod has been released by Louiskovski.
-A new Rainbow mod has been released by Smalllevy.
-A new SMW mod, based off of Piranha island, has been released.
-Gotta get those shiny new coins, with the new Coin mod by tee.
...and many more to be found in our depot, now with more organization
A bus driver and a doctor both like a certain woman. The bus driver has to leave, but before he does so, he gives her 7 apples. Why?