Welcome to Mario Making ModsWe are a community dedicated to bringing you a home for the hacking of Super Mario Maker (Wii U & 3DS).
Our community is a place for everyone to post their projects, get help and support, and find tutorials.
Join us to share your very own creations, or feel free to just browse the site and check out some of the awesome projects and tutorials found here.
Super Mario Maker Mods
Chat and Hang-Out with our community
Come take a look at our Discord Server! It's a great central for quick and general discussions.
posted in PointlessMaker! - A SMM level editor for PC
posted in gameCorrupt-a-wish
posted in Nothing Mod! 0.1 (Wii U) (Release)
posted in smm wii uAcorn Plains BG Without the Cliffs
posted in wipwii uterrariaTerraria Maker
posted in releasedwiiuSuper Mario Bros.3 Allstars
posted in smb1wii u1.0They Came From Nintendo!
posted in turning it back into .SZS
posted in smm wii uNSMBDS Palette
posted in releasedv1.1 out!New Super Mario Bros DS
posted in wii uHow to edit tilesets, sprites or backgrounds.
posted in smm wii uNSMBU Dark Bowser
posted in version 1.2 out!releasedwii uSuper Mario Bros All-Stars
posted in M&L BIS Mod,
posted in smm wii uDry Bowser in SMB1
What's Up - August 1st 2018
Posted on 08-05-18, 10:56 pm by
|Welcome to our latest submission in the What's up series, where we take a look at what's new with Mario Making Mods & Super Mario Maker:|
- Everything on our forum is using Bootstrap 3. Hopefully this should make the forums more accessible to everyone
If you are having issues, please click CTRL + F5 before telling us- Buntendo has made us a new icon and logo for us to use, which looks cool.
- Watch out 3DS users (who aren't on Cake CFW, that is). If you are on 11.8 and your CFW's versions release date is before July 30th, it will not boot. Either place a new NATIVE_FIRM or update to the latest version of your Custom Firmware:
Luma3DS 9.1: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v9.1
- Speaking of Rei-Six, that will be the CFW's final update. Sad to see ReiNAND fall into the pit that Cakes, RXTools & Cobernik fell into.
- Also on 11.8, they backported stuff from the Switch in regards to downloading titles:
The change is that it uploads two new headers whenever a download request is made to the Nintendo CDN.This comes to show that you should always buy games legitimately, meaning don't pirate them and actually buy them & support the developers who worked hard on those games.
- Introducing Faction Battles: Just for fun, we will allow members to chose between themed factions that rotate every month. You can get points for your team by participating in community events. You'll need to have the community role on our discord server in order to join Faction Battles alongside other community events (Trivia Night, Super Smash Bros 3DS tournament, etc).
Super Mario Maker News
- The blocky Terraria is back and better than ever, with the New Theme by TanookidGamer. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/658
- New Super Mario Bros. DS is on the big screen thanks to Louiskovski. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/654
- The volcano just exploded in the new update to the NSMBU lava theme by WillyMaker. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/640
- Those classic NES colors just made a return with the new theme from Daniel T Gaming. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/647
- SMB3 just got a lot more relaxing with this new Beach Mod by WillyMaker. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/657
- A green screen mod is now released by megamech, which allows for easy background replacements in video editing. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/659
- "They came from Nintendo" is a mod by BTG and Unsavory Maggot which replaces enemies with Nintendo Characters. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/664
- Before the P-Switch, there was the question mark switch. Bring that back with the mod by WillyMaker, which you can download here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/670
- Enjoy the Super Mario World beach, now with water thanks to epic stuff: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/671
- A ghost house leans its terror even outside the house. Thanks Epic_Stuff for making this. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/672
|2 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|
What's up? June 19th, 2018
Posted on 06-20-18, 03:29 am by
|Welcome to our new installment of "What's up", the newsletter for Mario Making Mods, Super Mario Maker & now, a new special game!|
- First off, we have refined our staff team. Our new mods are sks316, & Buntendo.
- The way Buntendo was promoted was through a staff application process which was done on our discord server. Only a select 2 were allowed.
- "Wait, two? Who could be the second person?" That person would be tee. Currently, he isn't a moderator and is still in his try out phase.
- Thanks to our new community events schedule, we will now be receiving "What's up" entries at the first of every month instead of the middle of the month, meaning that July will not be receiving a new entry. This holds true for every month except for May, where we will do it on the 17th because that's the birthday of Mario Making Mods.
- Speaking of community events, we will be having a Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS tournament soon. Keep in touch with the discord server if you want to know more.
- Our Discord bot, MaryO, will now be getting a new feature: Forum connectivity. This will allow you to, for example, see other peoples profiles. Of course, that person will need to link his Mario Making Mods account to Discord. Check the Edit Profile page in order to do so.
- To celebrate Nintendo's latest E3, we have played E3 bingo on our discord server. The results are as shown:
These are calculated by Tee
I have 8 points with one full bingo.
TheNawab has 7 points with no bingo.
Wrathofire has 7 points with no bingo.
Tee got 5 points with no bingo.
I've decided to drop out of this one. So winners are TheNawab & wrathoffire with 1000 coins.
I've also decided to give participation points. Tee will get 100 coins.
Super Mario Maker
- Mario Making Mods is now hosting a community mod. Check this thread for more information.
- Super Mario Maker: Vanilla Revamped will receive a new release on the 26th.
- Tierage's forum themes from Mario Making Mods, has been ported to Super Mario Maker
- A new monochrome theme has been in beta. Time to go back to the days of pong.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii is now in Super Mario Maker
Super Mario Odyssey
- That's right folks. We've partnered up with Hefty & the Super Mario Odyssey Hacking Hub to have an official forum for Super Mario Odyssey Modding. A link to their discord server can be found on our Discord Server (or the Frequently Asked Questions page whenever I find time to rewrite that)
- With LayeredFS modding now being possible, you can now test your new mods on your Nintendo Switch. Because the exploit is using a hardware exploit, you can use this on any switch firmware, no matter if its the latest or the oldest.
- Both Yuzu and Ryujinx can boot Super Mario Odyssey, however, not in a playable state. If you'd like to try mods, you can indeed test them on your switch with the hardware exploit! It's pretty easy, you can enable RCM to access them with a paperclip even.
- GRAnimated has done quite some Super Mario Odyssey mods lately. Check it out here: GRAnimated's Super Mario Odyssey Mods
What kind of coat can you only put on when it's wet?
|6 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|
What's up? - May 17th 2018
Posted on 05-17-18, 06:57 am by
|Hello guys! Welcome to this month's issue of "What's up", a series where we review what's been rolling with Mario Making Mods and Super Mario Maker Hacking!!!|
Mario Making Mods News
Super Mario Maker NewsLetter
1. What is attractive but has no charm?
2. Feed me and I will live. Give me a drink and I will die. What am I?
|7 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|
What's up? April 22nd 2018
Posted on 04-23-18, 06:06 am by
|Hello everyone, and welcome to this month's review of Mario Making Mods and Super Mario Maker in general. Today we've got huge news for Super Mario Hackers which will get you by surprise. Lets dive right in.|
Mario Making Mods
-MakerBoard is still in the w~ Not this time, uh uh. This time, we're actually going to be listing the changes that we'll be doing to our website in depth, so check out that thread when it comes out. But just to let you know a quick summary:
~We have a new modern layout, which replaces the default layout, the profiles and the postbox.
~If you haven't noticed, you can now use the globally accepted MarkDown, powered by ParseDown.
- Due to a wide poll made on our Discord server, we have decided to remove Super Mario ReMaker. The threads were moved to the "General Game Mods" section, and the discord channel is archived for about a week.
- All themes that weren't mario styled were removed. More themes to come soon. We'll make some Mario-styled as well.
- We have made a new meme website for our community. You can also pretend that we are in a town and we live all together. We can also play some forum games on it.
Super Mario Maker Hacking
- With the help of comex, we have now gotten new vertical levels.
- Shoutout to Kuriimu for just generally being a great tool for Super Mario Maker hacking. It was made by IcySon55.
- For Super Mario Maker 3DS hacks, we recommend you do not use ctpktool made by dnasdw, due to illegal usage of the SDK. If you want to import/extract CTPK, we recommend you use Kukkii or CTPKTool by polaris.
- A new theme by : wiiusmb1 All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros.
- A new phantom ruby princess impersonator by : wiiu Princess Peach Maker (cause lets be real: Who thinks that Princess Toadstool can be the one to save the day?)
- A has been made by : Nothing Mod! 0.1 (Wii U) (Release)
- An Great mod has been made by : themesmb1wii u W.I.P. Great Giana Maker
- We need to go under and beyond with the new theme of an old spin. Check out 's SMB2 Underground theme theme
- BUP???? OOH KAY! MINECRAFT MARIO SUPER MAKER?? 3 (BUP WARNING)
What can you catch but you can't throw? (already found out)
|3 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|
What's up? March 25th, 2018
Posted on 03-26-18, 06:04 am by
|Hello everyone! What's up y'all? Today, we have some exciting and amazing new news.|
Mario Making Mods
-A new discussion is on the Horizon: New Super Mario All Stars HD has recently been released by cad111. I've taken a review of the game. So far, so good! Looking foward to more ROM hacks to review.
-MakerBoard is still very close to developement....I just can't stop adding new improvements to it. If you want to see for yourself what I have planned, check out our Github Page
-I've now added a new Youtube Page, with all our latest videos.
-Because of his amazing work, Epic_Stuff will be promoted to moderator on March 30th.
Super Mario Maker Hacking News
- A new Mario Maker Vanilla Revamped demo has been released.
- Yoshi called! He is now playable in SMB3.
- The Poky Pokeys are now in SMB3. Better not get bruised.
- Want an easy way to unlock all the mystery mushrooms but still do actual work? You can now enjoy 100 Mario Challenge: Easy Mode!
- In Super Mario World, a fiery volcano erupts. Try to stop the lava from spreading to the main land.
- Speaking of Super Mario World, the Chinese pirated version has just been brought back to Mario Maker.
1. I come once in a minute, twice in a moment but never in one thousand years. What am I?
2. How many times did I say "Speaking of" in the following thread: New Super Mario All Stars HD: My criticism
|11 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|