Welcome to Mario Making ModsWe are a community dedicated to bringing you a home for the hacking of Super Mario Maker (Wii U & 3DS).
Our community is a place for everyone to post their projects, get help and support, and find tutorials.
Join us to share your very own creations, or feel free to just browse the site and check out some of the awesome projects and tutorials found here.
Super Mario Maker Mods
Whatever you are interested in, you might find it in our Depot.
Over at the Depot, we have links to download the best mods out there for Super Mario Maker & tutorials for newcomers.
WikiAt the Mario Making Mods Wiki, you'll find lots of up-to-date information about all the technical parts of Super Mario Maker. You can submit your own findings there, too!
wip3dssmw Terraria Maker for Nintendo 3DS|
- in Project Releases
Level Ideas Thread|
- in Mario Multiverse
Timer Edit ?|
- in Questions and Answers
Windows 98 in Super Mario Maker Youtube Showcase|
- in Latest News
- in Project Releases
Welcome to Unimaker! Mario Making Mods Fangame Friday|
- in Latest News
What environment in NSMB1 is your favorite?|
- in General Chat
Smash 4 Pics|
- in General Chat
Luigi & Wario costumes|
- in Super Mario ReMaker
nsmbu Other Super Mario Bros. U|
- in General Modding
Gatete's Mario Engine: Waterfall CavernsPosted on 02-16-19, 12:19 am by
Hello everyone, NightYoshi370 here and today, we're here to bring you a level made in Gatete's Mario Engine: Waterfall Caverns. Made by Gatete himself, this level will take Mario through an adventure through the dangerous caves with water gushing from above. This also showcases the frog suit and the penguin suit water abilities.
|1 comment (by ). Log in to post a comment.|
Super Mario Maker 2 for the Nintendo Switch announcedPosted on 02-13-19, 11:26 pm by
|Hello everyone, greetings from a jolly NightYoshi370. You wanna ask why I'm jolly? Well, Super Mario Maker 2 for the Nintendo Switch JUST got announced in the latest Nintendo Direct, planned to be released in June 2019! It features a ton of new things, like Luigi, Toad, Angry Suns, Slopes and an entire new theme. Naturally, just as we accepted Super Mario Maker for the Nintendo 3DS, we will be accepting Super Mario Maker 2. However, unlike the inclusion of Super Mario Maker for the Nintendo 3DS, this one will need to bring a few changes.|
First off, the Style & Theme search from the Depot will be completely removed, as unlike SMM3DS, there are more themes (Snow) and styles (Super Mario 3D World) added into the game, and I'd like to no longer hardcode things any longer (MakerBoard will be featured on other websites too once it is ready). Not to mention, it was confusing for a lot of new visitors.
Second off, due to the different changes, I'll be doing some changes to the forum infer-structure (The changes were much needed either way, as it was messy and clunky).
Third off, I'll be assigning local-moderators to moderate the forums:
will be in charge of moderating mainly the Super Mario Maker for 3DS forum, as well as Super Mario ReMaker.
Buntendo will be in charge of moderating mainly the Super Mario Maker 2 forum, as well as the End of Servers forum.
wrathsoffire76 will be in charge of moderating mainly the General Discussion area.
The only two local moderators who won't be changing are MarioSilva & Gatete, who will still be in charge of moderating only their subsequent fangames
I hope you enjoy this announcement, as there are more to come
|2 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|
What's Up - August 1st 2018Posted on 08-05-18, 10:56 pm by
|Welcome to our latest submission in the What's up series, where we take a look at what's new with Mario Making Mods & Super Mario Maker:|
- Everything on our forum is using Bootstrap 3. Hopefully this should make the forums more accessible to everyone
If you are having issues, please click CTRL + F5 before telling us- Buntendo has made us a new icon and logo for us to use, which looks cool.
- Watch out 3DS users (who aren't on Cake CFW, that is). If you are on 11.8 and your CFW's versions release date is before July 30th, it will not boot. Either place a new NATIVE_FIRM or update to the latest version of your Custom Firmware:
Luma3DS 9.1: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v9.1
- Speaking of Rei-Six, that will be the CFW's final update. Sad to see ReiNAND fall into the pit that Cakes, RXTools & Cobernik fell into.
- Also on 11.8, they backported stuff from the Switch in regards to downloading titles:
The change is that it uploads two new headers whenever a download request is made to the Nintendo CDN.This comes to show that you should always buy games legitimately, meaning don't pirate them and actually buy them & support the developers who worked hard on those games.
These two new headers are X-authentication-key and X-authentication-data.
At the moment, we believe the data that's being uploaded is the encrypted ticket of the game, which the server would use to validate that you actually own the game.
If you don't upload this data, right now it still works, but in the future it could block downloads.
- Introducing **Faction Battles**: Just for fun, we will allow members to chose between themed factions that rotate every month. You can get points for your team by participating in community events. You'll need to have the community role on our discord server in order to join Faction Battles alongside other community events (Trivia Night, Super Smash Bros 3DS tournament, etc).
**Super Mario Maker News**
- The blocky Terraria is back and better than ever, with the New Theme by TanookidGamer. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/658
- New Super Mario Bros. DS is on the big screen thanks to Louiskovski. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/654
- The volcano just exploded in the new update to the NSMBU lava theme by WillyMaker. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/640
- Those classic NES colors just made a return with the new theme from Daniel T Gaming. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/647
- SMB3 just got a lot more relaxing with this new Beach Mod by WillyMaker. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/657
- A green screen mod is now released by megamech, which allows for easy background replacements in video editing. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/659
- "They came from Nintendo" is a mod by BTG and Unsavory Maggot which replaces enemies with Nintendo Characters. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/664
- Before the P-Switch, there was the question mark switch. Bring that back with the mod by WillyMaker, which you can download here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/670
- Enjoy the Super Mario World beach, now with water thanks to epic stuff: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/671
- A ghost house leans its terror even outside the house. Thanks Epic_Stuff for making this. Download it here: https://mariomods.net/depot/entry/672
|2 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|
What's up? June 19th, 2018Posted on 06-20-18, 03:29 am by
|Welcome to our new installment of "What's up", the newsletter for Mario Making Mods, Super Mario Maker & now, a new special game!|
- First off, we have refined our staff team. Our new mods are sks316, & Buntendo.
- The way Buntendo was promoted was through a staff application process which was done on our discord server. Only a select 2 were allowed.
- "Wait, two? Who could be the second person?" That person would be tee. Currently, he isn't a moderator and is still in his try out phase.
- Thanks to our new community events schedule, we will now be receiving "What's up" entries at the first of every month instead of the middle of the month, meaning that July will not be receiving a new entry. This holds true for every month except for May, where we will do it on the 17th because that's the birthday of Mario Making Mods.
- Speaking of community events, we will be having a Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS tournament soon. Keep in touch with the discord server if you want to know more.
- Our Discord bot, MaryO, will now be getting a new feature: Forum connectivity. This will allow you to, for example, see other peoples profiles. Of course, that person will need to link his Mario Making Mods account to Discord. Check the Edit Profile page in order to do so.
- To celebrate Nintendo's latest E3, we have played E3 bingo on our discord server. The results are as shown:
_These are calculated by Tee_
I have 8 points with one full bingo.
TheNawab has 7 points with no bingo.
Wrathofire has 7 points with no bingo.
Tee got 5 points with no bingo.
I've decided to drop out of this one. So winners are TheNawab & wrathoffire with 1000 coins.
I've also decided to give participation points. Tee will get 100 coins.
Super Mario Maker
- Mario Making Mods is now hosting a community mod. Check [this](https://mariomods.net/thread/635-mario-making-mods-community-mod#post4535) thread for more information.
- Super Mario Maker: Vanilla Revamped will receive a new release on the 26th.
- Tierage's forum themes from Mario Making Mods, has been [ported](https://mariomods.net/thread/616-tierage-s-forum-in-super-mario-maker) to Super Mario Maker
- A new [monochrome theme](https://mariomods.net/thread/624-monochrome-theme) has been in beta. Time to go back to the days of pong.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii [is now in Super Mario Maker](https://mariomods.net/thread/623-nsmbw-in-smm-v1-0-beta)
Super Mario Odyssey
- That's right folks. We've partnered up with Hefty & the Super Mario Odyssey Hacking Hub to have an official forum for Super Mario Odyssey Modding. A link to their discord server can be found on our Discord Server (or the Frequently Asked Questions page whenever I find time to rewrite that)
- With LayeredFS modding now being possible, you can now test your new mods on your Nintendo Switch. Because the exploit is using a hardware exploit, you can use this on any switch firmware, no matter if its the latest or the oldest.
- Both Yuzu and Ryujinx can boot Super Mario Odyssey, however, not in a playable state. If you'd like to try mods, you can indeed test them on your switch with the hardware exploit! It's pretty easy, you can enable RCM to access them with a paperclip even.
- GRAnimated has done quite some Super Mario Odyssey mods lately. Check it out here: GRAnimated's Super Mario Odyssey Mods
What kind of coat can you only put on when it's wet?
|6 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|
What's up? - May 17th 2018Posted on 05-17-18, 06:57 am by
|Hello guys! Welcome to this month's issue of "What's up", a series where we review what's been rolling with Mario Making Mods and Super Mario Maker Hacking!!!|
Mario Making Mods News
Super Mario Maker NewsLetter
1. What is attractive but has no charm?
2. Feed me and I will live. Give me a drink and I will die. What am I?
|7 comments (last by ). Log in to post a comment.|