Thanks! I'll be updating periodically (like right now) -- we're at Revision 1. There are more things that I'll have to add, like BGM, SFX, enemies, other themes (Ghost -> Title Theme, Water & Airship -> ?), and characters.
I've been working on the StaticPack.pack stuff, which is why the next update is taking a while. I did get rid of the castle lava and add the background water instead. The castle theme is going to have a new palette (not the ground palette again, like Stage 04.), and I have yet to decide whether or not to base the new palette on the C64 version instead. Same goes for the Underground theme -- it's too red. I might go with the Amiga Stage 06 palette instead, for a more subdued red.
I may combine the animations. I prefer the art of the Amiga version, but the C64 version visuals are more lively and animated -- so I would combine the art of the Amiga version with the movements of the C64 version.
I updated the backup just now (which is what everyone has been downloading this whole time) -- so there are some bugs:
1. The gems don't appear correctly, unless it's the Castle theme. I'm working to expand the frames for the gem animations.
2. Backgrounds won't show up, because I haven't done this yet.
3. I also have not compiled the latest update to StaticSkin.pack, so the Castle goal block palette is incorrect.
4. The Castle palette is being changed to match the "Ghost House" (Title Screen) palette, as the result of a vote. It is not yet current.
5. The palettes of the item block and bricks in the "Ghost House" theme are incorrect.
I also changed the clouds to be a background element, which means that the trees now have half-platforms above them, instead. I got sick of the levels looking barren without the clouds, and not enough SMB levels use semisolids for decoration. There are also new ground elements -- the statues. This is an experimental feature.
Posted on 04-16-18, 02:51 pm
(rev. 8 by Unsavory Maggot on 04-16-18, 11:40 pm)