ARM9 access? wut?
ARM9 is the security processor of the 3DS, which is what GodMode9 exploits in order to dump a 3DS title. List of ways you can have ARM9 access:
- Have A9LH
- Be on FW 9.0 to 11.3
- Have Boot9Strap
- Have sighax
- Have a DS Flashcart and a magnet.
- Have a DS flashcart and is on FW 4.1-1.5 and 6.0-6.2
- Have a browser exploit on some FWs
We strongly recommend Boot9Strap, but you can use any of the above
What you need
- Ability to load ARM9 Payloads (read above)
- If you have ARM9LoaderHax, Sighax, B9S or the flashcart method, use the latest release of Hourglass9.
- If you are using the Homebrew Launcher, MSET exploit, Browser to launch ARM9 payloads, use an older release of GodMode9
Steps to follow
1. Boot up GodMode9 using the ARM9 entryway you are using.
2. Enter the drive applicable to the type of title you wish to dump.
User Installed Title: Enter the
[A:] SYSNAND SDdrive
System Title: Enter the
[1:] SYSNAND CTRNANDdrive
3. enter the
4. Find the title/.tmd file you want to dump
5. Open up the tmd file options
6. Go to the
dump cxi/nds fileoption.
Your dump should be found in the
gm9outfolder on the root of the SD card. The name could be one of the following:
<Title ID> <Title Name> (<Product Code>) (<Region>).cxi
<Title ID> (<Product Code>).cxi